Surrey / White Rock
Ride your bike in Surrey or White Rock?
Interested in local cycling action, education or events?
Attend your local HUB committee meeting to see what's happening. All are welcome - no experience required!
City of Surrey is always planning new projects for new bike lanes and multi-use pathways as part of it's Cycling Plan.
Click here to download PDF version of City of Surrey's Cycling Plan.
>> Join HUB Cycling's Surrey/White Rock Local Committee's discussion group at groups.io
- Co-chairs: Tim Yzerman
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Update: Please note that in-person meetings are on hold due to COVID-19. The Surrey committee continues to meet virtually. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Monthly, see calendar below for next meeting date
- Locations: please see calendar below for location details
- Find out more: Visit the Surrey-White Rock wiki group or join us on our Facebook page
HUB Committee Calendar
Cycling 'Hot Spots' in Surrey & White Rock
As part of HUB's State of Cycling project, BikeMaps.org produced a series of maps highlighting conflict areas for cyclists across Metro Vancouver. See the map for 'hot spots' in Surrey & White Rock. Please note that these maps show conflicts, but don't account for ridership levels. You can log conflicts/crashes and near misses on BikeMaps.org. Help improve cycling infrastructure and close 'gaps' by getting involved with HUB's work in your area. See details above for the Surrey/White Rock Local Committee. Special thanks to BikeMaps.org for all their help and assistance producing these maps.
News & Current Events
- Providing an all-ages, all-abilities connection between King George Skytrain with Green Timbers and Wild Flower Greenway and Surrey Memorial Hospital
- Promoting Active transportation in Central City
- Completing the BC Parkway between Scott Road Skytrain Station and Patullo Bridge
- Converting 2 lanes on University Drive for cycling
- Reviewing shared lane facilities in other parts of the region to add bike lanes
- Connecting Coverdale to Langley with a new route bypassing the hill and the major gap on Highway 10 between 176 Street and 192 St
- Adding a new route connecting the Newton Greenway and North Delta at Strawberry Hill
- Adding Local Street Routes in Surrey
- Supporting the Community Plan for City Centre which adds many separate bike lanes and new greenways
- Identifying top Gap priorities for UnGaptheMap
- Addition of new shared bike routes and improved signage in White Rock
- Pattullo Bridge Replacement Project Consultation
- Adding cycling routes to White Rock tourist maps
- Secure Bike Parking at Surrey Centre
HUB occasionally hosts assessment rides of the local bicycle network and provides input to city staff in Surrey and White Rock.
Please forward any Surrey or White Rock bike issues or concerns to the Surrey / White Rock HUB Committee so that we might include these in our efforts for better cycling in the region.
- Construction of 16 Ave overpass over Highway 99 (2016)
- 105 A Ave separated bike lanes in the City Centre (2016)
- 20 Avenue bike lanes (2015)
- New Greenways in Fraser Heights
- Addition of Bike Lanes with most scheduled repaving projects throughout Surrey
- Surrey Lake Greenway (140St to 144St) (2015)
- 24/7 cycling over the Patullo Bridge during the Rehabilitation project (2016)
- Secure Bike Parkade at King George Station (2015)
- Opening of the Bon Accord bike bridge and bike route from city centre to the Port Mann Bridge
- Provided input to City of Surrey's cycling plan and greenways master plan, adopted by the city in 2012.
- Opening of the Pioneer Overpass (2011)
- Completion of Surrey's first neighbourhood bike boulevard route in South Surrey (2011)
- Grand opening of a pedestrian/cycling overpass over Hwy 1 and a paved pedestrian/cycle paths in Tynehead Park (2011)
- Particapated in collecting input for a City of Surrey transportation survey (2009).
- New construction and parking for Serpentine Fen, resolving lack of bike route sencil on King George Highway near Serpentine River.
- Bike lanes completed on Crescent Rd. 136 St. to 128 St. & 128 St. from Crescent Rd. to 17 Ave. (Ocean Park Shopping Centre) (2005)
- Shoulders paved on King George Highway, Colebrook Rd. to 8 Ave. (2004–05)
- Bike lanes on south side of 16 Ave., 148 St. to 152 St. (2005)
- Destination bike route signage, Guildford—Central City (2005)
- Destination bike route signage—King George Hwy (2005)
- Improved design and placement priorities of bike route signage and design of bike lanes at right turn lanes (2004)
- Bike shuttle across the Patullo Bridge during structure upgrades (2004)
- Patullo Bridge sidewalk off ramp improvements (2003)
2018 Municipal Elections - City of Surrey Candidate Responses
Would your local candidates for mayor and council vote in favour of increasing cycling education, investment, and infrastructure that would #UnGapTheMap in your municipality and the region more broadly? And would they make these commitments within the next four-year election cycle?
Surrey - Candidate Responses
2018 Municipal Elections - City of White Rock Candidate Responses
Advance Voting October 10, 11 and 15, 2018
For more election information visit WhiteRock.ca
* Candidate responses listed in alphabetical order within each election race, beginning with Mayor.